Thursday, February 16, 2012

t'Gaverhopke Singing Blonde

Eat your heart out, Gulden Draak.
I had the pleasure of sampling this amazing Belgian ale on draft last weekend at Pizzeria Paradiso at Dupont. This tiny brewery, whose name and town I am incapable of pronouncing, made an ale that quickly jumped into my list of top three beers I've ever tasted. At almost 10% abv, it was astonishingly smooth and pleasantly sweet and dry. Beyond that, I'm not going to even pretend I know how to pull out complex flavors from beer. I'm definitely not a beer critic. I just know that it was amazing and absolutely worth a try if you can get your hands on some, especially if you're a fan of Belgian ales.

Pizzeria Paradiso's beer lists are more fickle than my resolve not to procrastinate and do some real work instead of writing this blog. So, it probably isn't on their menu anymore. But this was such a tasty one I had to see if I could find some bottles around DC. In my search, I ran into 12 Percent Imports, a distributor of imported ales. Their site lists about 10 major cities you can find restaurants and retailers who just might carry Singing Blonde, including DC.  

The hunt begins!...Right after I attend Paradiso's Barlywine Bash this weekend.  Gotta save my liver.  More on that after the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment